Monday, November 10, 2008

Monday, November 10th, 2008

I've been too busy to write.
Halloween was last weekend on Columbus St. I was running around all day for an outfit for Eloise, only to have a total of 5 people know who I was. I was pretty accurate in appearance, minus the brown hair.
I go to Columbus St. a lot, and this was without a doubt the biggest party I've been to in a while. Everyone covered bands- Nirvana, Godspeed..but my favorite was some girls covering Le Tigre. Stephanie and I were singing and dancing our hearts out.
My favorite costume? Drew Warren as "Deaf Lepoard"

On Election Day Javs and I went to a houseshow at 255. It was good, people were really drunk, and it was bands I had seen before. But I got to hang out with the guy who I saw opening for Paul Baribeau last November. Can't remember his name. But I did meet a really cool artist named Kaitlyn, whos lives in New York and was selling her artwork at the house. We all drank a lot of really good champagne and watched Obama's acceptance speech on a TV we had to keep on hitting to work.

Wednesday was Japanther. Total success. I was really afraid about how everything was going to turn out, seeing as it was a Wednesday night, but they made a lot of money and a lot of people showed up. Kris and I got to hang out with Ian and everyone, they're pretty cool- except the guitarist of Japanther, can't remember his name 'cause he didn't talk to anyone at all. Whatev. The show was amazing, everyone danced and was pushed around, Kris and I were holding on to eachother for our lives and got a little beat up, but it was worth it. Of course I pulled Kris on stage and got everyone to sing "Happy Birthday" to her...and then they covered The Cure "Boys Don't Cry" as a birthday present. Fantastic.

I've been working a lot so I attempted to take it easy this weekend. Friday I didn't do anything, but Saturday Eliza and I went out to the Upper Deck with Javier and Rob. Really strange night, but halarious. Got a couple of "are you Madison Miller? I think we're friends on myspace..." and "Are you Christie's sister?" but between all the whiskey, mint flavor liquor which i forget the name of, and PBRs Eliza and I just ignored everything and ran around making friends with the thugs downstairs. Haven't been that intoxicated in a long, long time...and don't want to be for a while. I had to work the next morning, and I started shaking and felt terrible, I don't know how I didn't throw up.

I went out last night for a little to the Black Cart, hung out with Kymie, Kirby, Sarah, Robby, Rob, & Margaret. Got drunk for free, DJ'd on the laptop, danced and sang to Peaches, stumbled over to AC's to take pictures in the bathroom and do Sweet Tea Vodka shots, two ways? I don't remember.

I felt sick this morning, so I'm out of class. Truth is I have a lot to catch up on- including my college essays, and too much to do to go to school. So I'm writing in this? Oh well.

There's a show at 255 tonight. I doubt I'll go. Nora's birthday is this weekend, which will be fun, and Kris and I are going to Hilton Head to see Conor Oberst. I'm not sure why he's going to Hilton Head. One of Johnnie's friends called me and asked me to book them a houseshow in Charleston this weekend, so on Sunday they'll be coming to Tay's (255 Ashley). Should be interesting.

Currently working on:
1) Vitamins & natural health & healing
2) College everything over with
3)Fixing my guitars


Loves

No comments:

Post a Comment