Sunday, March 15, 2009

why do you let me stay here?

Sometimes, i put myself in my place. Last night was one of those occasions.
Around seven thirty, I went with my sister to her husband Jesse's art showing at a photography gallery in West Ashley. He's the one who has successfully gotten me to read my first (and probably only) series of comic books- Scott Pilgrim vs. The World. No...seriously. See?

WHO THE HELL IS SCOTT PILGRIM AND WHY THE HELL SHOULD I CARE?

Scott Pilgrim is a 23-year-old guy living in the big city with his gay roommate, just trying to make his way in this crazy world.Scott Pilgrim likes the new girl in town, Ramona Flowers, but to win her heart, he has to defeat her seven evil ex-boyfriends. Wait, what?

Scott Pilgrim is a critically acclaimed, award-winning series of graphic novels by Canadian cartoonist Bryan Lee O'Malley. VOLUME 5 is released FEBRUARY 2009. There will be six volumes in all. They are published by Oni Press and released approximately once per year. (Ages 13 and up!)

-from www.scottpilgrim.com

It's being turned into a movie with Michael Cera. Don't believe me? Go ahead, google it.

Oh..and Jesse does comic book style art. It's awesome, however you want to describe it.

My favorite of his:


Supposedly the above picture is my sister, PS.

Amanda ended up coming to the art show too, drank some free Sweetwater Beer & wine, tried to explain to my sister what a camel crush was, had multiple conversations about how much the ryan adams show SUCKED.

My sister and her friends went to the Tin Roof, and Amanda and I went to Columbus St. to see Small Pox/Oicho Kabu/Real Estate/Mi Ami play. I was so thankful we made it just intime for Real Estate...I've been listening to them quite a bit for a while now. Go Listen!

Click Here to Listen to Real Estate!

The show was fantastic, they played extremely well. and the drummer was incredible especially.

After Real Estate played, i had a conversation about how good they were with someone. I don't remember who. But it made me realize that we always go to these shows, knowing we're going to see some decent band, and sometimes they're good and sometimes they're really good. but you never think that eventually maybe some of these scruff twenty-somethings are going to me amazing a blow me away. But it happened. thank you real estate.

Don't get me wrong, Mi Ami played next and was amazing as well. I didn't catch all of it, becuase I was too busy chasing vodka with vodka. Dave thought it was a good idea to put vodka in his beer bottle- so when I reached for his beer as a chaser to the shot of vodka, i had no idea what was going on. imagine my face. It never registered with me what I was doing, so I KEPT chasing- and then realized i took about five shots of straight vodka.

Needless to say the rest of the night was just stumbling around and talking. Met the guys in Real Estate, they gave me a CD, which i'm so happy about. Went to Hanover street for a little while to say bye to paris and dave, ran into some random girl from my my french class last semester, was recorded by JM talking about the government with Alex Ballenger. Went back to Alex/Brian/Tj/Jenna's, hung out with Philip and Allison Kendra and finished what was left of alex's firefly, and passed the fuck out on his couch.

I was put in my place WHEN, this morning, I woke up and felt like I got runover by a truck. I never ever get hangovers, but then again, I don't normally get obliterated either. Naseau? Check. Migrane? check. Inappropriate Pictures from Eliza (of someone else) on my phone? Double Check.

Thank God I took Sundays off at work. Somehow I managed to shower and have a Sunday Funday with carly, alex & mike. We've been talking about getting oysters for a while, so they picked me up, we went to mt. pleasant seafood, got a bushel of oysters and roasted them on isle of palms at carly's parents shop.

Now I have to do all the school work I missed this week. eeek.

Someone buy this for me?:



No comments:

Post a Comment